Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Photo resizing using - Faststone photo resizer

<< < (7/9) > >>

awemawson:
If you are running Windows, open the picture in paint, under the 'home' tag click 'resize' click pixels and set to 640x480 (best size for the forum), then save either as a new copy with a meaningful name, or just splat the original at the new resolution.

Divided he ad:
Hi Biggles, 

You have not as far as I know missed a box. 

Most computers now have massive storage capacity... also external storage devices are cheap.
But we use off site storage to help the forum out as it takes little to no server space (I'm sure that's correct.... I will be corrected if not).

I personally chose photobucket. There are many others,  one I can think of now is flicker.... but there are others.

Hope that helps a bit?

Ralph. 

awemawson:
Ralph,

The problem with off site storage is that the thread becomes meaningless when pictures no longer appear. If they are stored on the forum server that isn't an issue.

There are many potentially very useful reference threads on Madmodder that are now useless for this reason. Those by "Bogstandard" are an example but there are many more

Biggles:
Thanks all, I have resized the photos as already mentioned the only problem I have is that the photos appear thumbnail size until clicked on. On other people’s pages the photos are displayed full size without the need to double click on them. If I haven’t missed a tick box then I assume it’s the link with photobucket that does the sizing. I try and shy away from free sites as they have a cost to them, usually adds or viruses. :scratch:

awemawson:
I think that all pictures hosted on the forum appear as thumbnails until clicked - certainly mine do, and I've posted a heck of a lot of them over the years. It makes the thread easier to scroll through, particularly for people on a slow connection. If they want to see more detail, it's there at the click of a button.

I suspect, but have no proof to back it up, that the one that you see that are large when you first open the thread, are the ones hosted off forum. Sometimes people post them at such a high resolution that scroll bars are no longer on screen, so it's impossible to see what they are trying to show you  :hammer:

There are occasions when high resolutions are justifiable (such as showing a detailed circuit diagram with text) but normally 640x480 is what to aim for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version