Author Topic: HOT ROD OIL CAN  (Read 7880 times)

Offline krv3000

HOT ROD OIL CAN
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
HI all befor i start for give spelling   right i have one of thows anoying oil cans that will not stand up so i have modifid the one that i had for this job you will need a 250ml pant tin lid sed oil can plumers flux soft rolder two types if you have it ie hi and lo melting point disisembel the oil can and remove all the pant and give the bace a good kleen with emry cloth yous hi melting pont to tin the botom of the can kleen the pant tin lid i did this by soking the lid in thiners tin the under side of the pant tin a gane with hi melting pont solder  place the lid on a thermel block place the oil can in the center and even the gap all a rawnd the oil can  place a hevey wate on top of the oil can to keep it prest furmley in to the pant tin lid then with a blow torch swet the two together and fill in the gape a rawnd the oil can then leev to cool once cool  tip the jobe over and fill in the bace with lo melting pont solder if you onley have lo melting pont solder rap awet cloth a rawnd the botom of the oil can befor turning over  once all the soldring is dun dres  the ruff bits with a file  repant put the oil can back together  you will never knoc it over a gane right pics     :ddb:

Offline krv3000

Re: HOT ROD OIL CAN
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »
pics

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
pic

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
pic

Offline bigmini

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
That's a great fix for a really annoying problem. :beer:

Offline Bogstandard

• Bogs Group
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »
KRV,

I don't think you need to apologise for your spelling any more, we all know you by now and realise you have a problem that isn't your fault at all.
You are just one of the lads with a slight problem, nothing more, nothing less.

I personally do have a bit of a problem understanding what you are trying to get across on the first reading, and want to help you so much, it becomes very frustrating on my part at times.

If you can just type a little slower, as I can't read very fast.  :lol:

Now having read it a second time, and understood completely, I can't wait to see the pics. :worthless:  Eventually

Bogs

Sorry, all the posts between the first and this one appeared as if by magic while I was posting. Great idea and pics
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:37:12 PM by bogstandard »
If you don't try it, you will never know if you can do it.

Location - Crewe, Cheshire

Skype - bandit175

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »
lol no problem  :)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »
krv3000

That is a very nice fix to an age old problem. That is the way that the oil cans should have been built when new. Great job and nice write up.  :D :D

I guess now I'll have to give my oil can that treatment to tame it down a bit.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »
just 1 more tip pant your oil cans difrent culers and mack a key  chart  ie red can has light mashen oil in it blue can has lathe bed oil in  and so on    :nrocks: