The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

DRO Switch

<< < (2/3) > >>

Davo J:
I have the instructions from the guy at Meister DRO's for a switch to switch the quill and knee scale over. I will chase then up tomorrow for you. I am sure he said you can do it with only 2 wires from each and a switch to suit.

Dave

Bluechip:
Apart from the 5V power stuff ..

Could the ( 74HCF ) 4051, 4052, 4053 not be used for this sort of thing ... ?

Used them a fair bit for signal jiggery-pokery .. unless the circuit won't tolerate the 150-odd ohm insertion ..

Dave BC

kwackers:

--- Quote from: Davo J on January 22, 2011, 09:55:12 AM ---I have the instructions from the guy at Meister DRO's for a switch to switch the quill and knee scale over. I will chase then up tomorrow for you. I am sure he said you can do it with only 2 wires from each and a switch to suit.

Dave

--- End quote ---
You can, they're the A and B quadrature lines. Trouble is with 3 axis you need six poles on your switch (or a separate 2 pole switch per axis).

redpiperbob:
Hi All
All sorted I have a circuit draw by a member of another site. Just putting the bits into a box.two 74HC157N's two resistors and a capacitor and a switch.

Hi Steve you get on this site too I have just finished making the board for the rotary table indexer (CNC site) and I am awaiting the programmer from Hong Kong.

Thanks for all your suggestions
Bob

Davo J:

I hope I am not butting in here, but Bob has said he has solved his problem.

Since you seem to be up on electronics, you might be able to help me out if you can.
I have been looking around for years for a way to join the quill and knee scale together into one axis of the 3 axis readout. I did contact Meister about it and they only suggested a switch as I wrote above. The lathe DRO I have combines the 2 Z's together internally so it can be done.
I have seen on practical machinist a while back where a guy bought a box from Acu-Rite that did this but at a cost of $500 US and just lately another member contacted them and they are making one up for him, so they can be made up.
Do you have any suggestion? They are all TTL signal scales and read outs, I haven't tried anything incase I blow something up. :zap: which could end up expensive

Dave

--- Quote from: kwackers on January 22, 2011, 11:16:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Davo J on January 22, 2011, 09:55:12 AM ---I have the instructions from the guy at Meister DRO's for a switch to switch the quill and knee scale over. I will chase then up tomorrow for you. I am sure he said you can do it with only 2 wires from each and a switch to suit.

Dave

--- End quote ---
You can, they're the A and B quadrature lines. Trouble is with 3 axis you need six poles on your switch (or a separate 2 pole switch per axis).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version