The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

DRO Switch

<< < (3/3)

kwackers:
@DavoJ The switch simply swaps between the two - is that what you want? i.e when the switch is in the quill position the knee can be moved without changing the readout. If this is the case any of ideas above will work, although given it's only two scales you can probably just use DPDT throw switch.

If you want to sum the two axis then the best way is probably using a micro controller, this will read movement on both scales simultaneously and output a new quadrature signal. It's a fairly simple tax and a very simple circuit but it does require some programming knowledge.

kwackers:

--- Quote from: redpiperbob on January 23, 2011, 02:23:26 AM ---Hi Steve you get on this site too I have just finished making the board for the rotary table indexer (CNC site) and I am awaiting the programmer from Hong Kong.

Thanks for all your suggestions
Bob

--- End quote ---
I knew your username was familiar - just wasn't sure why.   :thumbup:

Davo J:
Yes it is the summing of the two I am after, I know how to go the other way about it.

Dave

DMIOM:

--- Quote from: Davo J on January 23, 2011, 04:04:09 AM ---......I have been looking around for years for a way to join the quill and knee scale together into one axis of the 3 axis readout......
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Davo J on January 23, 2011, 10:15:48 AM ---Yes it is the summing of the two I am after, I know how to go the other way about it.
--- End quote ---

Dave,

I have used the "ESUM" from US Digital for exactly this purpose (albeit on a machine where I had fitted two of US Digital's own encoders) - but, as you say, if the signals are standard, it ought to work for you as well

cheers / Dave (IOM)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version