Home Base > Introductions

Boggy surfaces for a bit of fresh air.

<< < (2/4) > >>

dsquire:
John :beer:

Welcome.

Glad to see that you have stopped in here and I hope that you feeling better every day. I don't do a lot of posting  but I do a lot of reading and have learned a lot from your previous posts and hope to learn more in the future from you and others.

All the best.

Cheers

Don

bogstandard:
Thank you everyone for the welcome. It is appreciated to know that I have passed a bit of info onto other people.

I have said this many times before, I am not a super being that knows everything. All I do is relay the information I have gathered thru years of experience, in a format that hopefully most people can understand. Please remember, I am allowed to be wrong a few times as well, and like to be told when I am, just so that I can put the files straight in my head.

There are usually many ways to skin a cat, so my way is not the gospel, and might not suit everyone, if it does, great, if not, then it will be up to other members to put you on the straight and narrow.

But above all, a bit of advice.

Keep smiling and always work to the best of your ability. If you do that, no one can ever say you didn't try.
If things ever get too much, don't lose your temper, put the job away, maybe for many months, while you gain more experience, then come back to it when you feel you are ready.
No one but yourself should have a say in how fast or well you should work, this is a hobby, and as such, you should do things at the pace and standard you are happy with.
But most of all, be happy and proud with what you are doing. No matter what you are attemping to achieve, you are an unique artisan, doing things that other people can only dream about, from carving a simple clothes line peg to a full blown hot rod.

John

dsquire:
John

Those words were very well spoken and anyone can gain a lot by reading them and following through as they say. My dad always said that if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right. He hasn't been around for over 45 years but I have tried to live by that rule. If I can't do it right then I won't do it because I don't want a job not done right to reflect back on me.

Cheers

Don

Darren:
Nice words John,

I have to admit I do not know who you are, my ignorance, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Best wishes
Darren

Bernd:
Dammit, late again for the party. :hammer:

I missed Ralphs birthday and now I miss Bog's comming through the door at Madmodder. I must be living under a rock. Anyway....

Welcome to the Madmodder Bogstandard.  :beer:  :clap:  :thumbup:

I missed your banter of not being on a forum. Get better soon. Glad your back. ;)

Regards,
Bernd

P.S. Nice work Ralph. How far did you have to twist his arm?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version