Author Topic: Any AutoCAD LT users ? - need some help  (Read 5432 times)

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Any AutoCAD LT users ? - need some help
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »
Hello

I`ve never used CAD before, infact to be fair, everything I`ve made over the last few years has been from pre-existing plans. Well I`ve decided to make something (quite interesting in my opinion) and I know I could draw my plans, but I`d quite like to draw them in CAD.

I`ve got AutoCAD LT 2002 and spent the last few days trying to get the basic commands and have managed to draw the first part that I want to make. It only has two parts to it!

So this is where I am at so far, bearing in mind that I`ve no training in engineering, I hope I`ve actually showed the drawings correctly. It is basically a cylinder with a centre bore going through just short of the end and with a small hole through in the end. It also has a groove 7.5mm wide, 5mm from the top, 4mm deep (just realised I`ve not shown that depth!). There is also a semi circle/half hole drilled in from the top through into the groove.

But I can`t export it to a PDF or jpg image! It seems locked in the autoCAD file system!?!

Also I haven`t a clue how to use the layout templates to my the title block on it, just something very basic, my name, part title, draft number, date? I`ve tried to open an example template they provide but I can`t write into it as my text turns out massive! - 0.625 is the smallest font possible and that is still huge. So I`m a bit lost now in just finalising this for printing out and working from....

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Any AutoCAD LT users ? - need some help
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:10 AM »
I don't use Autocad, I use Alibre instead. To save as a different format, you have to export it, not save it. Have you looked for an export function?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:25 AM »
Does this LINK help?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline bry1975

• http://www.satintime.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »
Hi m8,

One trick you could try printscrn to copy the file to jpg.

Regs

Bry

Offline Lew_Merrick_PE

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
Chris,

1) You need a "PDF Printer" program that allows you to "print" to a PDF.  PDF Creator is the one I use the most.

2) You need a screen capture program to save images to PDF.  There are several.  I use one that came with General CADD, so I have not looked for one recently.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks all of you. Yes, you export via "printing" to pdf printer! Excellent, thanks.