Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Moved the #21 Buffalo Forge drill press into the basement

<< < (4/4)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Divided he ad on October 14, 2008, 01:30:25 PM ---Bernd, Next time I hit the states I am planning on a few stop offs, NJ is on the cards as is NYC and then NC (I hope these acronyms are correct and non transferable?) I was also hoping to make a visit coinside with some festivals etc.... I likes me music! ;D  (real stuff that is, non of this hiphop and rap stuff!!!)

--- End quote ---

You got it right Ralph. To bad I live 5 to 6 hours away from NYC. Looks like your going to be well south of me.

--- Quote ---It will be a little while yet.... I have to fund my renovations first!.... Plane tickets are £400 - 600 return That's a hefty chunk of cash in my book!! (then I need the spendies too!!)

Still, on with the show.... Where's that mill thread???  :)

Ralph.

--- End quote ---

To bad the tickets are so high priced. Things aren't getting cheaper over here either. The "spendies" could be quite high. :jaw:

As I told Rog. It'll be posted here shortly, so be patient.  :hammer:  ;D

Regards,
Bernd

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Alphawolf45 on October 14, 2008, 03:14:48 PM ---Nice beam..Whats the height of that cieling?

--- End quote ---

I thought I mentioned that. Went back and checked my post. I didn't mention it.
Here are the stats: 7' 10" floor to bottom of joist and a 7' floor to bottom of "I" beam.

--- Quote ---.........Your only way into that shop is by going indoors and then down the stairs?

--- End quote ---

That is the enterance to the garage. I wanted an inside enterance to keep dry during rain and no snow getting in in winter. I have a spiral stair case going from the great room up stairs to the basement.

--- Quote ---..Might shoulda built an elevator on side of the house,, a scissor type lift sat down in a covered hole..or mast from a very large old foklift, something to make it easy to take heavy items down into the shop and back up again.....

--- End quote ---

If I had intentions of building a machine shop in the baement in the first place I would have done something of that nature, but I had planned on building a large HO scale model railroad. This move only came about a month or so back when I decided to move the drill press into the basement. I decided that a shop out back of the house would mean another place to heat and I'd have to go outside traveling back and forth from house to shop. So the decision was made to put everything in the basement. Hind sight is 20/20. :thumbup:

Stay tuned for the Bridgeport move. Soon to be posted here.

Regards,
Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version