Author Topic: Marshall Tractors  (Read 3257 times)

Offline SKIPRAT

• Gainsborough Lincolnshire England
Marshall Tractors
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »
Hi All
Yesterday was father's day and an event was put on at the Marshalls Yard shopping centre (formerly Marshalls works) here in Gainsborough in the form of a display of Marshall tractors and I went along to have a look and took my camera along to take some pictures. Strange as it is the tractors where lined up where formerly the works number 1 yard was and this was where most of them where dispatched from I have Posted a few pictures of them so you can see what was there. Some of you will recognize the character hiding under the flat cap in several of them from another Forum however I did introduce myself and have a natter with him

Cheers Paul    :beer: :beer:

One Mans Junk Is Another Man's Treasure G6FOW

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Marshall Tractors
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »
Thanks Paul,

Those are some good pictures.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »
We had a lot of those around here, especially the post war models, pre-war the Lanz Bulldog (Germany) had the market in that class of machine.

The yellow one looks the same as a model sold here as a 'Leyland'.

Nice line up! :thumbup:
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline SKIPRAT

• Gainsborough Lincolnshire England
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
Correct John
It is basicaly the same as a leyland only the leyland was mainly in blue when leyland pulled out of the tractor market a private concern here in Gainsborough took up to making a few of them badged Marshall but they did not last very long and the yellow one was made near the end of the Marshall Line of tractors it is owned by someone local to Gansborough.

Cheers Paul
One Mans Junk Is Another Man's Treasure G6FOW

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
 :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
Nice pics Paul!  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

MrFluffy

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »
Nice pics, they look very similar to the SFV's (society france vierzon), even down to that distinctive exhaust stack. I wonder if SFV licensed the design...

I have in my barn two Massey Harris Pony tractors made under license here in france, before massey harris went into business with a certain harry ferguson and came up with some little grey tractor ;) They do have a few of the early features such as a hydraulic 3 point on the later one of the two and pto take off at the rear via splined output.
I think I also have the same base tractor as the yellow track marshall, only mine is in a right state and has "JCB" written all over it! Its the 3ciii with the 4/98 engine in it.

Related ancedote, we took the kids to the local farming implement museum when they had a special day for local residents, and both our ponies were older than their display exhibits and we still use ours on a regular basis :D
Five year old son did ask the curator at one point why nobody had been greasing it properly too  :lol: :lol:
They did have a lovely working steam traction engine, but nobody knew how to fire it up properly so it hadn't been started for 10 years since its resto. I think thats a little sad :(