Author Topic: Arc X0 Micro Mill problem  (Read 4048 times)

Offline rvt

Arc X0 Micro Mill problem
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »

I have a problem with the fine feed depth adjustment on the mill that arrived today. Happy with it, it was working perfectly, and then my dad started fiddling with it... He had engaged the fine adjustment and then pulled the lever down quickly as well. This seemed to jam or put something out of line. The fine adjustment nob wouldn't run properly then.

We took it apart but cannot work it out. It just seems to keep slipping or only gets so far and then jams. There is no damage to the small cog or any of the moving parts.

Do you have any suggestions? We're pretty stumped and I'm pretty annoyed to be honest... I bought it new as I wanted it to work perfectly and have it quickly, as i have jobs that i need to use it for. But now I'm stuck with a half working machine. It would be stupid to return it over something like this :/

Wish I'd gone with the Proxxon now... doubt I'd have such problems with that...

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
Re: Arc X0 Micro Mill problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
so the fine feed was engaged and someone yanked the main colum handle down ?  tou can only use one or the other, they are a sturdy machine normaly i have had mine for 18 months from when they first came out and it has worked fine, i use it for very small drilling in brass but on ocations some slitley bigger stuff

you may find you have disturbed part 3 so tighten 12 on the parts list it may just want the grub screw tightening up

Peter
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline sportandmiah

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
I have the micro mill as well, and it's a horrible machine. I'm tempted to throw it away. I try to use my Sherline when at all possible. That being said, the fine feed is adjustable on and off, with a knurled knob on the left side of the mill. Also, the hex screws on the right side are adjustable, locking the quill and the lever as well.

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »
I have the micro mill as well, and it's a horrible machine. I'm tempted to throw it away. I try to use my Sherline when at all possible. That being said, the fine feed is adjustable on and off, with a knurled knob on the left side of the mill. Also, the hex screws on the right side are adjustable, locking the quill and the lever as well.

this might sound stupid but the micro mill is called by so many names and on your side of the pond it can mean a different machine,I have both of these and dont find a problem with them, they can do what they where bought for, and as long as you rember they are a small hobby machine they are fine, and yes I have owned a Sherline ( they have a different name in the uk) and yes they are ok, they will machine heavey stuff like the X1 will and yes they are a bit better than a X0 but they are 4 times the price.

what problems did you have with the mill's ? because once I had striped and cleaned and re assemble you have to do with most new machines if for no othere reason than to fully understand the setting up for best performance I have had no problems.

peter
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline simp

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
Hey if your going to throw it away,  throw it myway!!   I`ll take it off your hands if You want to sell it !!!