The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Charging a 12v SLAB

<< < (2/4) > >>

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: HS93 on May 25, 2010, 12:47:47 PM ---""Sealed lead acid batteries require a constant current constant voltage (CC/CV) charging regime to prevent damaging the cells.""

yes I know, that is what the bulb is for to keep the voltage constant, the charger itself keeps the curent constant

AS I SAID BOAT model boaters have been using this methoud in our are for years, with no problems..

Peter

G0PAH

--- End quote ---

So if you knew this, why did you not post up and offer the best advice as the op asked for?

I'm am somewhat offended by the tone of your reply to mine......

Perhaps I ought to keep my opinions to myself in future?

HS93:

--- Quote from: John Rudd on May 25, 2010, 07:11:55 AM ---. Do not use a standard car battery charger.............

--- End quote ---

following my post you posted this, the oppersit to my post, but no reson why.

Peter

Brass_Machine:
Play nice guys. I am sure this was just a simple misunderstanding on tone. Written word doesn't translate very well. Shake hands  :med:

--- Quote from: John Rudd on May 25, 2010, 01:25:22 PM ---...
Perhaps I ought to keep my opinions to myself in future?

--- End quote ---

No... all opinions are wanted and valued. So please don't refrain from posting

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: HS93 on May 25, 2010, 02:11:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: John Rudd on May 25, 2010, 07:11:55 AM ---. Do not use a standard car battery charger.............

--- End quote ---

following my post you posted this, the oppersit to my post, but no reson why.

Peter

--- End quote ---

Car type battey chargers are not constant voltage or current......

I referred the op to view the manufacturer's website for recommendations on charging to ensure longevity of the battery and to ensure personal safety is not compromised..

SKIPRAT:
Hi Chris
you may know from the previous posts  the charging requirements for lead acid batteries and sealed lead acid and gel batteries are quite different .As for me i took the easy way out and went to Argos and bought an eight Amp automatic charger with a switched setting for gel batteries or normal lead acid and also a  switched trickle charge it has been used a lot to charge up some hefty ex wheelchair sealed gel batteries and also some smaller ones that i use for amateur radio operation whilst operating portable from some remote hilltop hope this has been some help to you.

Cheers Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version