Author Topic: For thoses that wonder if there are other benifits to attending a show (a Gloat)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
But really there are some benefits to attending a show, whether it is an outside or inside one If they have a vendors area.

Here is what I picked up:

The afore mentioned Model Engineer magazines 1901 thru 1904 not the complete set, but enough to keep one entertained over the winter.
Steamboats, and modern steam launches was another once in a long while find, the guy that sold them to Tony of Nation Builder books, had just walked away. I picked it up and looked it had a price that the other guy had paid in the past. I asked Tony what he wanted for it and we worked out a deal.

It is the complete 3 year published run of a magazine on steam boating. 1961,1962,1963 combined hard cover reprint.

11th edition of the welding encyclopedia, the old ones are always a fun read. Along with An Argus workshop practice series the art of welding. It is nice to have perspective of both sides of the pond on how things are done.

a small engine given to me by a friend for use in a planned RC steam tug

This is one of those memory finds that, bring back all the time spent in the assorted hobby stores I frequented like a junkie in my miss spent youth.  The Oxy/Butane torch some thing a kid could never afford as it was north of $50.00 and slightly south of $100.00 I found it new in the box and the box it was mailed to the owner. Never been turned on with extra cylinders and a pair of period boxed cylinders. 1962 circa

Assorted brass and nickel pressure gauges along with a cheap plated oiler for the dust collector wall.

what was left of some 1/4" brass plate

A deal I couldn't refuse haven't decided if they will be raw material for a wall hanging or table sculpture. or count the teeth and use correctly.

Assorted stone points,  German origin

A modeler sized 4 in one tool for cutting, bending strip, rod, and punching holes

And an Ocean going Tug RC kit that I have had my eye on for 3 or so years and the guy that was trying to sell it came down into what I was will to pay for it.

So these are some of the benefits of the show attendance, Plus the fact that I can start saving for next years show  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:26:55 PM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
Nice haul Glen  :thumbup:

The books would never get read by myself.... Can't seem to read more than a page at a time  :scratch:

Love that oxy/butane torch  :jaw:  How cool is that???

Nice other bits too.... Are we going to get a build log on that tug then?   :poke:      :)

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!