Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Difficulty in drawing...

<< < (2/2)

Baldrocker:
Aah! Elegant solution> But what if your mt3 drill chuck has a 3/8 thread, everything else is m12?
Two drawbars is a pita (minor I know, but. ) Duh  :scratch: how about a double ended drawbar?

75Plus:
I have, in the past, cross drilled and inserted the smallest friction pin available, 1/16" I think. The logic being if movement can't get started it will never come apart.

Joe

Divided he ad:
CC,
 :thumbup: Simple all over.... That's me alright  ::)

Ade,

The drawbar is just shy of 11mm.
I had to make the thread slightly under 12mm too, it would only allow 11.9 something mm into the spindle (can't remember the exact figure, made a few plugs in the original bar to find that out)

BR,

The MT3 that came with the machine is old money thread, all my tooling inc. drill chucks on MT3's and collet chucks etc are M12 threaded, so the old stuff will go into storage probably never to be used :)

Joe,

I'd thought of that originally, I was going to make the threaded part have a sleave to come up the drawbar. But then all the sizes were so close I'd have had to go through the thread...with only about 1mm purchase depth for the pin at the edges. I know it'd be easy enough, I have roll pins 2.5mm dia. I might yet do it, belt and braces 'n' all that. but thought the thread lock should suffice?

I was toying with the idea of silver solder at one point. But changed my mind and went with the chemical option.

Well, test tomorrow evening sometime... Got a little foreigner to do first  :dremel:

Ralph.

Divided he ad:
 :ddb:  Works for me   :headbang:

First bit of chip making this eve'....  Awesome with the power feed!!!

I'll show some pic's of that in the workshop thread  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version