Author Topic: I didn't need it but how could I resist?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline matikag

I didn't need it but how could I resist?
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:22:52 AM »
 :D
For those of you who live in Melbourne and need another electronic caliper - Aldi have them available - on special this week - complete with 2 batteries - for a mere $20.00.
It appears to be the equal of the others I have bought for $60 - $80.00. I got mine at the Bell Street, Preston store. I presume the other stores also have them. Good luck.

Offline Davo J

Re: I didn't need it but how could I resist?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:29:27 AM »
Thanks,
I am in Newcastle NSW but will keep a look out for them up here, as my grandfather wants a set.
Davo

Offline jatt

• chookshed engineer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
Cool.  Could do with another cheapie for the shop.
From an early age my father taught me to wear welding gloves . "Its not to protect your hands son, its to put out the fire when u set yourself alight".

Forget about the price of gold and oil, its the price of beer that matters.

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:38:34 AM »
FWIW, I have three digital calipers, bought from Aldi here in the UK from time to time. One is about 4 years old, and still going strong. I've just tested it against a good micrometer, and it over-reads by about 2 thou/0.05mm on a 1" test gauge, which isn't too bad considering its age and price. Not the ultimate in measuring devices, but very handy to have around, particularly for those who find themselves working to dual standards.

I did have a fourth, which taught me that the cheapos make just the same sound as more expensive ones when hitting the floor.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:02 AM »

I did have a fourth, which taught me that the cheapos make just the same sound as more expensive ones when hitting the floor.

Andy

LMAO... :D

I got two from Aldi last time they were on offer...Got one from Lidl when I was in Belgium a couple of years ago which is still going strong, and an 8 in one which came from....errmm I forget now..but it replaced an 8in one that I bought second hand from a modelling forum, only lasted a short while and was expensive!! grrrr..
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors