The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

Supporting My Hobby

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dean W:
Those mag end plates look great, Joe.  Nice work!  Good niche you've found, too.
I'll bet lots of machine guys have thought about doing some gunsmith work.  I'm afraid it would
get in the way of my reloading and shooting fun, so every time the thought pops in my head, I
push it out!  ; )

I had a look at the Moon site.  20% over for a custom made cutter sounds like a great deal, to me.
Nice to know you can get spare cutters in just a couple of days, too.

Dean

Bernd:
Nice thread Joe.

I also enjoy seeing gunsmith work being done and see no reason you can't post your results of a modification to a gun or rifle. As long as it doesn't get out of hand politically, a discussion of making parts and modifying is welcome. After all it's just another metal working project.

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
Nice work!

I am a gun fan by nature and by past careers. The only thing that I ask is firearms be limited to this part of the forum only. That way, if anyone has issues... they can just stay out of this part of the forum. Otherwise, don't break the law and have fun!

Eric

75Plus:
This is another "Need" that I am filling. There is a company named Crimson Trace that incorporates a laser into the grips for sighting a firearm. They make a model to fit the CZ-75 but the stainless models come with an ambidextrous safety which will not allow the CT grips to seat. Up until now the only way to utilize the CT sights was to cut the lever off the RH safety leaving the inner part to support the safety shaft that is part of the LH safety. This precluded returning the pistol to its original configuration without buying an expensive new RH safety.

My solution was the bushing shown in the pictures. The bushing replaces the original part which can be retained for future use. The firearm is modded but not altered in any way. I hope the pictures help explain what I am doing.

Joe

CrewCab:
Nice work Joe,

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version