Author Topic: Bogstandard?  (Read 5801 times)

Offline DICKEYBIRD

• Collierville, TN ya'll
Bogstandard?
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
Haven't seen 'im around here lately.  Is he OK?  Sure hope so.
Milton in Tennesee

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Bogstandard?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:42:49 AM »
He seems to have unsubscribed himself. He got annoyed with doubts some expressed about his development of his version of the swing-up toolholder. Maybe worrying about the operation his wife was due to have made him less tolerant than usual.

It's pity things turned out like that. I do hope all went well, that his life is back on an even keel. and that he might perhaps return some day. He'd be very welcome, I'm sure.

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:13:06 PM »
He and Darren got into a pissing match over one of the Paypal threads.  Bogs got ticked off, and left.

He may be a master machinist, but he sure doesn't have a lot of tolerance for others and their personal opinions.  Sorry to see him go, but the "take my ball and go home" attitude is not very mature.  Be on the web long enough, and someone is sure to get your dander up.  You ignore it, and move on.
Creating scrap, one part at a time

Offline tinkerer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:08:50 PM »
Wow! I thought Bogs and Darren were best buds. Learned a lot from both and would miss either.  :( Hope Bogs will reconsider.
Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

Offline DICKEYBIRD

• Collierville, TN ya'll
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »
Ok, that explains things.  Sorry to hear that.
Milton in Tennesee

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
He and Darren got into a pissing match over one of the Paypal threads.  Bogs got ticked off, and left.

Well I am sorry to learn this is what happened.  John Bogs introduced me to this site and near as dammit introduced me to the world of play-time machining.

I never thought this was a site for pissing contests and some guys, not just John, deserve a bit of slack at times.

Scheesh! :(
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
Lets get one thing straight before this thread really goes off track ...

There was no pissing contest between John and myself, I'm not even sure where that has come from?

Nobody asked John to leave or even suggested it. He left for his own reasons, nobody really fully knows why because he never said before he went.

Yes there were some small words spoken between us, but I seriously doubt that was the cause.

In any case, John is more than welcome back at any time he wishes, and I don't think anyone here would suggest otherwise.

So now can we stop playing guessing games like children in the playground. Lets give John the privacy and respect he sought and deserves.
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Trion

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
I haven't been here very long, but what I have read, written by bogs, has almost allways taught me something new! Would be glad to see him post up another one of his creations here!

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
As Darren has said John has moved on. But that's John. He left HMEM a while back. But I see he's back there now. I'm sure he visits here as a guest once in a while. I'd be willing to bet if given some time John might be back.

His wife is doing fine and so is John. It's just his nature and your not going to change it. So as Darren has said give John his privacy that he has sought.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 02:29:58 AM »
This is something John has done several times, on several forums, over the years.

It`s a shock, and a pity at the time...... But it happens, he moves on......

Very pleased to hear all is ok with him and his loved ones.

David D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:31:37 AM by Stilldrillin »
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Davo J

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 12:19:02 AM »
I have been a member for a while over at MYCNCUK and I just noticed he has joined up there as well.
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?1714-Reading-and-fixing-Chinese-scales
By the sounds of it he's getting into CNC
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?1690-Hi-from-Crewe&p=11213&highlight=#post11213
Davo