Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

a nine cylinder radial engine, plans by "ageless engines"

<< < (4/29) > >>

Bernd:
Jack,

A rebuild post would be nice on that engine. Thanks.

I have almost the same problems with computers. They are getting way to complicated to run at times. I'll have to check in on how it's done since it's been a while. I'll get back to you when I've got it figured out.

Bernd

NickG:
Nice bike engine too!

madjackghengis:
Well, after a bit of computer problems losing pictures, here are pictures of my tapping set up for the crankcase, and the results.

I've bolted an angle plate to my bench with a through bolt through the crankcase to hold it dead steady for tapping

Underneath the case is a 22 and 1/2 degree V-block to set the top cylinder flat level for tapping.

The secret weapon for tapping small holes

Another view of the setup

Using the secret weapon

crankshafter:
Hi ho jack.
Nice project/ work.  :beer:
One day I hope/ wish to build a radial engine. But right now I/ we need you to  explain how you use your secret weapon :scratch:
Crankshafter.

ieezitin:
Helllloooo jack.

First thing I think your doing a great job and I am watching this build with great interest.
You seem to me to be a man after my own heart as making do with trash laying around the shop producing it into working machinery. Your skilled and talented, my hat off to you sir. :clap:

I in the past have made some pretty weird parts and machines in the shop as my wife would contest to by her looks she gives

me as to say “ you! Dear are off your rocker “    :wack:

which leads me to this, your secret weapon!. Let me say what I think it is by what I am seeing,  it’s a grease gun with a pipe-coupling on the end with the tap inserted as you tap it feeds grease to lubricate!. If it is, then even my buck shot peppered out of control mind would not have come up with that one.

:bugeye:

Thank you for showing this build.    All the best.   Anthony. :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version