a nine cylinder radial engine, plans by "ageless engines"

<< < (3/29) > >>

Stilldrillin:
Ohhhh....... My!  :bugeye:

This posting has now come alive..... Big time!  :clap:

Well done Jack!  :thumbup:

David D

Bernd:

--- Quote from: madjackghengis on January 14, 2010, 11:02:16 AM ---Well, I got some photos on photo bucket, and we'll see how well my computer skills rack up.

--- End quote ---

Ya did good Jack. A bit of refinement to your next pics. Might make it easier. There is an "img" icon in the reply that can be used. It's in the upper left hand corner under the "I" and will give you this when clicked "[imgAGE][ /imgAGE]" (had to write the full word out. You will only see the "img" part). All you need to do is put the link inbetween the the two. Also a space from one picture to the next makes the pictures easier to look at. At least to my old tired eye's.  :) I modified your to post to reflect the space between pictures.

Now on to your engine. Looking very nice. I'm already looking forward to the video of it running.

Bernd

madjackghengis:
First, I've got to say a big thanks for all who have been helping me get my pictures on the forum, I couldn't do it without you guys.  The info from Stew is priceless, and does a good job getting a newbie going in the right direction.  The assist with space between pictures is also well appreciated.
      I'm just starting the process of tapping the 108 cylinder base stud holes, I've got two cylinders done, with only one broken tap, still have to get that one out, but will leave it until all the holes are tapped, as I might well break off another one, no point in firing up the tig welder for one tap with so many holes to go.  I'll post pictures of the tapping operation tomorrow, I was going to today, but I downloaded the pictures to someplace in my computer which is still a mystery to me.  So, I'm posting pictures of the head machining jig which will be used to machine the canted valve towers and their fins, as well as the spark plug holes and the top fins across the head between the towers.  Also a picture of an engine that is a bit bigger, but built from the ground up with my own design on much of it.

Bernd:

--- Quote from: madjackghengis on January 15, 2010, 11:37:26 AM --- Also a picture of an engine that is a bit bigger, but built from the ground up with my own design on much of it.

--- End quote ---

Almost looks like a Harley engine. Nice work.

I'd say you've got your picture posting down and now consider you a graduate. Still need to work on your avatar pic. Shows up as a red X. Need help?

Bernd

madjackghengis:
Hi Bernd,
    Well, I tried to put a picture up for my avatar, but I guess I do need help.  If it weren't for computers, I'd have a pretty good handle on life.  I can take them apart, remove components, solder in new ones, fix boards, change one component for another, but I can't hardly get the damned things to do anything I want, even when I threaten them with dissassembly and death, or a good lightning zap!!

This engine will need a whole new thread.  It's built now, but coming apart and getting completely rebuilt because I've got some parts I didn't have when I built it, and I don't like the stroke I built it with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version