Author Topic: You have to wonder?  (Read 7073 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
You have to wonder?
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:33:22 AM »
You have to wonder who exactly is reading our/Johns posts?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RDGTOOL-BOXFORD-LATHE-THREADED-ADAPTOR-FOR-ROTARY-TABLE_W0QQitemZ350280812471QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET?hash=item518e5d07b7

This is not the first commercial item that has popped up shortly after it's appeared on here ...  :coffee:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Gerhard Olivier

Re: You have to wonder?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:34:20 AM »
That it is a fantastic idea can't be denied

Gerhard
Guernsey
Channel Islands

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:39:33 AM »
They need to check "their" spelling though  :doh:

Not that I can talk  :lol:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:41:56 AM »
How can that be clamped on without interfering with chuck?

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »
I'd guess by using counter sunk screws that lay below the surface register and T-nuts in the slots.

I would think it would be a whole lot better with a morse taper and draw bolt to centre it properly though.

Offline websterz

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »
They need to check "their" spelling though  :doh:

Not that I can talk  :lol:

They have "OTHRE" things on THERE minds I guess.
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
I wonder if it hasn`t a MT so that it will fit on their new slimline table should people wish to use it? The probably with the older Boxford adaptor they sold was that it poked out the bottom of the smaller 4" Vertex RT and I`m guessing it will do the same with RDG`s new slimline?

Anyway, thanks for telling me they are back in stock. I would have preffered a MT one but that`ll do and half the price of the chronos boxford adaptors.

Chris

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
Yeah it'd save a lot of time with the morse taper and drawbar. Suppose it'd work with the countersunk screws into T nuts through, you're prob right chris, they've done it for use with the slimline, or it could just be that it's easier to manufacture!

bogstandard

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
It would be a very easy exercise to put an accurate hole thru it, and put a morse taper spigot in the RT yourself. The sticky up plain bit between the thread and plate, and the bottom of the base plate are your datums for concentricity.

It definitely looks like the holes are too close to the centre mounting, but it would be easy to drill holes in the other axis. If you are fitting a centre spigot, it wouldn't matter where they were.

Bogs