Author Topic: Big time bummer  (Read 2541 times)

Offline tinkerer

Big time bummer
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
I get a day that I have nothing on the schedule, so with much joy and anticipation of a day in the shop, I plan an early bedding. A tooth starts to nag me while working on the concession stand door and after a restless night, I spend the morning with the dentist. I have an abcess and he can't risk spreading it, so I am on antibiotics and pain meds until Tuesday afternoon. The pain is distracting and the pain med is strong enough that I am not brave enough to get around the lathe. The really big bummer is root canal, post and crown, $2050.00 :jaw: or pull it $121.50/$150.00 depending on difficulty. Hope it is an easy one.
Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

bogstandard

Re: Big time bummer
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:38:33 PM »
Tink,

Methinks the cost pain is more than the physical one.

Luckily, the older you get, the cost pain is reduced to the cheaper of the two.

Because of bad dental work by forces dentists in my late teens, I am now unable to whistle and the false full top and lower partial gnashers only get installed when royalty calls.

Cough up and keep them as long as you can. I dream of the days when I could bite into a crisp juicy apple or to chew on a steak without it having to be cut up into tiny pieces.

Bogs

Offline Gerhard Olivier

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:58:30 AM »
Tinkerer sorry to hear -abcess are very painfull.  But if at all possible save the tooth -I spend a lot of my time at work with people that would give anything to have their teeth back and because it is more expensive to replace them than what it would have been to fix them - it is mostly impossible for them to have anything other than dentures.

Gerhard
Guernsey
Channel Islands

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 05:09:46 AM »
Hi Tinker sorry about you tooth problems:- teeth are painful to get and painful to lose, as the guys have said hold onto them as long as you can.

All the best

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave: