Author Topic: Results of Tailstock Check, !0 x 22 Lathe  (Read 3740 times)

Offline ozzie46

Results of Tailstock Check, !0 x 22 Lathe
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »

I Adjusted the offset on the tailstock and took a cut of about 2.704 long on a piece of steel and took a reading with mic. It read .638 at the taistock end and .638 at the headstock end. I'm a happy person.  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

Ron

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Results of Tailstock Check, !0 x 22 Lathe
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »

I Adjusted the offset on the tailstock and took a cut of about 2.704 long on a piece of steel and took a reading with mic. It read .638 at the taistock end and .638 at the headstock end. I'm a happy person.  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

Ron

Pretty hard to get it much better than that. Now we look forward to some projects seeing as you are about to catch  :proj:. :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Reason for edit: spelling
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:43:16 PM by dsquire »
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
I'm a happy person.  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: 

and Rightly so ..........  :headbang:

CC

Offline ozzie46

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:09 PM »

Thanks Don, CC

Now I need to finish up my Paddle Ducks engines that I started on my 7x 12. Man that thing looks like a baby next to the 10 x22.

:offtopic: I'll  be doing some mods to the new lathe. I was pleased to see it came with saddle locks and crosslide lock. That wasn't in the specs I looked at before buying it. They are allen headed screws and I will change them to tommy bar type. (Allen wrench ,allen wrench, here little allen wrench. You know the drill.  :lol: :lol: :lol:) And there are a few more I've seen on the web i would like to do.

I will try to remember to take pics but I get to working and take few then I get busy and forget. Isn't old age wonderful.  :D

I will probably be on a tool making binge too. :dremel: :dremel: I'd Like to make a dividing head and a boring head for the drill/mill plus some other really neat things I've seen on here and the other site.

Ron

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »

I will probably be on a tool making binge too. :dremel: :dremel: 

As long as your having fun, that's the main aim  :thumbup:

CC