Author Topic: Bye Week  (Read 2196 times)

Offline tinkerer

Bye Week
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:59:14 AM »
So much for a bye week for High School football. :bang: Got a call at 8:10 PM and the field hasn't been lined off and the 6th, 7th & 8th graders play tomorrow starting at 9:00 AM. Get two of the coaches and a friend and we go to work. The last thing is the hash marks and between the 40 & 45 yard line we only get three hashes.  :bang: :bang: :hammer: Check the other side of the field and we got four hashes. :beer: The 45 yard line has become a hypotenuse. :bang: Mark it and finish the hashes and paint a new 45 yard line. Check storage and find the green paint. Clean the machine and paint out the hypotenuse :beer: :ddb: :ddb:
Finished at 12:45 AM. Job well done. :beer: Well, it's done.
That was my Friday night, hope yours was better.
Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Bye Week
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
tinkerer

Don't know how I missed this but I just found it now tink. That would be a bit of a letdown finding out the 45 yard line was off kilter.  :doh: You should have left it and waited to see how long they would go before someone would spot it.  :poke: Maybe even offer a prize. Would have been hilarious if they had played a couple of games and not even noticed it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad that you posted this as I got a laugh out of it and it brought back memories of friday night high school football in Ohio that ended in a State Championship back in the '80's  :) :)

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline tinkerer

Re: Bye Week
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »
Dsquire,
Football has been my life for the last five years. We are the oldest school in the county and have been neglected while they have been building new modern schools all over the county. In 1964 a booster club had the field installed. The football plaers built the press box and concession stands. Since that time not much has been done. We have been an active booster club for the past five years and very vocal. We have improved our financial situation year over year by an average of 35%. Our principal was selected as principal of the year in the state this year and came in third in the nation. :) we were 951st in Newsweek top 1300 in the nation last year. :D

We have won as many games so far this year as we did in the last four years put together. :D A new coaching staff came in 2005 with a strategy to build a viable program. We started a pound ball league as a feeder program three years ago and brought 6th, 7th & 8th grades teams as a Junior league to feed the program. It is starting to payoff now. :ddb: :ddb: The first year the coach taught me how the field should be lined off and I would get a couple of volunteers each week.

Enough rambling about me. Congratulations of the Championship. :clap: Those are memories that stay with you for a life time. I think we are still a long way from one of those, but a winning season is not out of the question. We have graduated every senior every year and most of them play for Div 1 AA colleges now. I am still rambling about me ain't I. :lol:
Tink

The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.
Prov 13:19