The Shop > Metal Stuff

Time to visit your local scrap yard

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darren:
Nice apples, but your ruby don't look so good.....

Oh the bar, looks bigger than 1.5" square,  and it looks like a piece of wood in the pic.... :scratch:

raynerd:
LOL, wood, that is why he sold it me for £14 lol, thought it looked like funny swarf when I was machining it  :lol:

Darren, just been given some demijohns off FreeCycle so I`m going to press them with a bucket full of my grandads and have a go at doing some cider. I guess the apple press I`m going to make will me a  :proj: ?

I tried forcing the Rubarb this year and although it tasted gooooood, don`t think it did it much good!

Baldrocker:

--- Quote ---thought it looked like funny swarf when I was machining it
--- End quote ---
Just occasionaly  :lol: :lol: :lol:
BR
PS Careful! You'll be turning salt and pepper shakers next.

chuck foster:
about 6 months ago i needed a piece of hydralic tubing to make a sleave forthis  big gas engine.
the od was 5 1/2" and the id was 5"........so i went to a shop that made hydralic cylinders and asked for a piece 17" long.

well i near fell over when the guy told me it would be $300.00  :bugeye:

so long story short, i went to a locale scrap yard and found a piece that was 35" long and it cost me $5.00  :ddb:

this engine was a scrap yard find

this next picture shows the sleave i made using the hydralic tubing from the scrap yard

scrap yards are amazing places............you never know what you might find there.

chuck :wave:

jwsvandr:
My favourite spot sells me scrap steel at  .25 / lb. (cash). They get a lot of their supply from machine shops and so there are plenty of 2-3 in plate scraps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version