Author Topic: Piss'd Off Pete  (Read 8595 times)

Offline jgroom

• Kansas USA
Piss'd Off Pete
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline chuck foster

Re: Piss'd Off Pete
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
1000 foot pounds of torque  :jaw: :bugeye:  that should melt the tires off  :clap:

thanks for the link.................now i know im not the only horse power freak around

heres a pic of what i used to play with

chuck  :wave:
hitting and missing all the way :)

former hmem member

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »
I'd want one with a Cumm-along or Pussy Power.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
"Piss'd Off" seems odd American usage of the expression! :scratch:
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline No1_sonuk

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »
"Piss'd Off" seems odd American usage of the expression! :scratch:
Yeah.  I guess it doesn't mean the same thing over there.

Offline chillybilly

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

thanks for the link.................now i know im not the only horse power freak around

heres a pic of what i used to play with

Na you not alone  :D
Awsome funny car,what fuel did it run on ?

Love a trip to the Pod over here to see and hear these monsters !!!!!!!!!!!Your not a real petrol head till you been drag racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline jatt

• chookshed engineer
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »
I'm just going off to the shop to buy some milk..... very quickly
From an early age my father taught me to wear welding gloves . "Its not to protect your hands son, its to put out the fire when u set yourself alight".

Forget about the price of gold and oil, its the price of beer that matters.

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »

"Piss'd Off Pete" is the second "car" the Blastolene Bros. have built.  The first being the "Tank Car" currently in the Jay Leno collection.  The Blastolene Bros. are a couple of "artist" types that got into metal work and decided to specialize in outsized street rods using industrial scale components.  Think "rat rod" on steroids.

Leno showed the "Tank Car" at Pebble Beach:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/18/monterey-2008-lenos-tank-car-storms-pebble-beach/

A bit of background on a 12V71 Detroit for those unfamiliar with the breed.  Detroit Diesel builds these motors on a modular concept, using two 6V71 cylinder blocks bolted together and utilizing mostly components common with the 6 cylinder engines, hence the twin blowers.  The cylinder heads and rocker covers are from the inline version 6-71 which is a common industrial motor, as is the 6V71.  By using common components to other engines already in the Detroit inventory the need for larger parts inventory is reduced as is the need for addition special fixtures and equipment for repair and overhaul.  The crankshaft and camshaft or the two major specialty items to the 12V71 motor. 

12V71's are commonly found screaming their lungs out in stationary industrial application such as air compressors and emergency electrical gensets and in mobile installations such a marine and heavy earth moving type equipment.

Na you not alone  :D
Awsome funny car,what fuel did it run on ?

Love a trip to the Pod over here to see and hear these monsters !!!!!!!!!!!Your not a real petrol head till you been drag racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

From to looks of the spoiler I would say the car in question is an A/FC.  AA/FC run a much larger, aerodynamically aggressive spoiler for greater down force.

"Gasoline (petrol) is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, NITRO METHANE is for RACING!!!!!!"
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!