Author Topic: Taxing you to exhale !  (Read 2664 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Taxing you to exhale !
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:48:43 AM »
On another forum somebody was being a smart A$$, and said that they would be taxing use to breathe in the US shortly.

Here is one section of it:
In addition to carbon dioxide, the EPA said five other emissions are believed to cause warming when they concentrate in the atmosphere: methane, which is emitted by gassy cows as well as steam boilers; nitrous oxide, found in cooking sprays and used as anesthesia by dentists, better known as laughing gas; hydrofluorocarbons, which are used in refrigerators and aerosols; perfluorocarbons, a gas permeated by fire extinguishers, refrigerators and high end ski waxes; and sulfur hexafluoride, more commonly known for its use in circuit breakers, switchgear and other electrical equipment.

The change in color was prompted by somebody on other forums point out that boilers don't emit methane gas. Somebody in the news writing, or a government secretary made a mistake. I high lighted it as not to be accused of changing the wording of the quote which along with the link from another steam forum   :doh:

It is amazing how people can attack fox news and not say word about the subject matter! Like the other new channels groups don't have any agenda's that they follow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/28/hold-breath-epa-expected-declare-carbon-dioxide-pollutant/ here is the story
 :doh:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:29:13 PM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
Re: Taxing you to exhale !
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:43:41 PM »
From the den of The Artful Bodger

bogstandard

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
John,

Maybe someone should invent bags that are stuck to the cows a**e to collect all the given off methane, then it could be sold to the polititians to use, as a direct replacement for all the hot air that comes out of them.

The problem is, at normal temperatures, methane is heavier than air, but at raised temperatures it then becomes lighter.
So whoever does the 'milking' should keep an eye on the temp gauge, otherwise the profits just might float away.

Bogs

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:06 PM »
Here is the link to the EPA's site as it is now up and working! From the look's of the pile of paperwork they generate in one month. If we shut them down we could save the world.  :lol:

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/emissions/index.html
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen