Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

May have caught rockeritus, a different strain!

<< < (2/3) > >>

NickG:
David, that's what I was thinking, all my engines are tiny so far, wanted to try something on a larger scale!

I took some shelves down that the people had left in my garage, the brackets are about a foot long and made of 10mm x about 30mm aluminium bar! That should come in handy, have been lacking some bits of alloy like that in my scrap box. So designed this engine to suit that too.

Other bits include off cuts etc. that I've been allowed to take home from work. The aerospace spec aluminium machines superbly, steel was a bit tough though!

Looking forward to this now. Am going to try some of the techniques I've seen used over the last few months on here and hopefully I can make a nice looking engine for my collection.

Stilldrillin:
Nick,

I`ve got a problem with making a decent sized cylinder. Thought a lot about available piping.  :scratch:

22mm copper pipe is .800" bore, & almost round!

I`ve got some delrin which might make a compatible piston.......  :smart:

Just another pipe dream...... Probably!  :lol:

David D

rleete:
Gotta make drawings, and upload them for the rest of us.

Rockeritus can not be cured, even after building one.

Bluechip:
Dave  SD

I got some brass tube  1" ID x 1.344" OD  about 2" of good meat in 'em. Some with 6" or so ( they got recesses in ends).

I got a good few, will never use 'em all, any good 2 U.

Similar to Pic. Real ones are brass, and in three dimensions ....   :D

Dave BC

NickG:
If it works first time, I will post the drawings up. Would hate for somebody else to make it and it not work!

Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version