Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Bicycle wheels as pulleys?

<< < (2/3) > >>

sbwhart:
Making the pulley on a mill us perfectly doable you can use the RT or another way I've seen used is fix a face plate on the mill spindle with the material bolted to it and with the cutting tool on the table:- go to it, sorry but I can't show you any pics only seen the set up in books and ME magazine.

Have fun

Stew

Bearcar1:
OR..... make up a 'foundation plate' from a section of plywood bolted to the mill table. One end of the plate would rest under the mill spindle so that the endmill cutter could be plunged into it to a shallow depth. Outboard of the cutter on the X axis you would have devised a locating peg that would serve as a central axle for the previously rough sawn wheel blank. The blank would then be placed on the peg in the board and could be rotated on the peg. Using the table feed, the blank would be advanced into the cutter after completing one complete rotation until the desired diameter is achieved. A make shift router table in essence. Good luck with your wheels. (I'd spare the little one's bike so she could enjoy it)

Bearcar1
Jim

websterz:

--- Quote from: Bearcar1 on August 26, 2009, 08:56:52 AM --- (I'd spare the little one's bike so she could enjoy it)

Bearcar1
Jim

--- End quote ---

I would not deprive my daughter of her bike...what kind of insensitive jerk do you take me for?  :bugeye:

The bike in question hasn't been ridden in a couple of years, since she outgrew it and got a new one. sheesh...You guys are harsh!

Now grandpa's prosthetic leg...he only uses it a few times a month...and I do need more parts to build the saw... :proj:

Darren:
Get some nice titanium in those..... :thumbup:

websterz:

--- Quote from: Darren on August 26, 2009, 12:36:32 PM ---Get some nice titanium in those..... :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

Damn skippy homes...gonna' go jack me a gam! :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version