The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

Model Airboat Build

(1/5) > >>

Bernd:
I'm going to revive one of my old projects. I'll explain a bit why later. I'm waiting for some pics a freind took of my model boating activity this past weekend.

I had joined an rc airboat forum before I joined here and started a swamp boat build. I stoped about half way through becasue of a present I recieved one Christmas. All the explanations will have to wait until I recieve those pics from my freind.

So here's what I started. I have it as one of my web pages. I just haven't made it public yet. So without further babbeling here's the page: http://www.kingstonemodeleng.com/ModelAirboat/airboat.htm

Bernd

Updated to new web site page,

rleete:
Bugger.  I've already read all the pages on your site.  No fair posting this until you have more!

Bernd:

--- Quote from: rleete on August 24, 2009, 08:08:33 AM ---Bugger.  I've already read all the pages on your site.  No fair posting this until you have more!

--- End quote ---

OK, how'd you find that one?  :scratch: I hadn't made it public.

You been snooping around my web site?  :lol:

After this past weekend I've had the "boat bug" bite me again. So many bugs and no way to keep them off of me.  :proj: :ddb: :proj: :ddb:

Bernd

rleete:

--- Quote from: Bernd on August 24, 2009, 08:40:08 AM ---You been snooping around my web site? 
--- End quote ---

Of course.  Know your enemy, and all that.   :bugeye:

A friend of mine had a very cheap version back in the mid 70's.  Blow molded hull, and Cox .049 engine.  We abused it daily for a couple of weeks, until the hull gave out.  I couldn't begin to count the number of times we ran it into some solid object, repaired the damage and ran it again.  I'll bet not one part of the original balsawood structure remained when we were done with it.  It ended up having more glue & tape than plastic on the hull.

Bernd:
While this boat is in the building stages I get to keep my enthusiasim up by running my speed boat that my Dad had bought me a couple of X-mas's ago.

To run it in I had hooked up a water coolant system so I could run it in the gagrage. After about the 3rd tank of fuel the motor went south with a busted con rod. So I ordered new ones and it took over a year to finally get them. So at the begining of this August I got the con rods, installed them in the motor and I took it up to the River with me.

I did get out for one run. Came in about about 1/4 throttle and promptly hit the dock putting a nice dent in the nose of the boat. Then the follwoing day I got a chance to run several tanks through the engine and I got her all tuned up and running pretty good. A freind took lots of pictures of that run, They're posted below. Sorry no vids yet.

This past weekend I helped my freind get his boat going. His wound up with nose damge to. I got a couple of good runs in untill I flpped it over and soaked eavrything inside. It's not all water proof. So I got her going again but the the radio was conking out on me. Luckly the boat turned and came back toward me at idyl. Unfortunatly not being able to control it it hit a rock and took out falf of the plastic prop. So that ended my fun for the day. It was also getting pretty windy.

So it's off to the hobby shop and hopefully they'll have some props.

And here are a few pics.

And that's for now. More to come later.

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version