The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

Model Airboat Build

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bernd:
I'm going to revive this thread with a couple of new pics.

Some of you may remember me mentioning that my dad had passed on. Well I guess I'm going to be the owner of his "toys" meaning airplanes, steam engines and steam powered boats, plus a few other things related to home machine shops.

Anyway I was over to the house today to see how mom is doing and I desided to take a quick look in the shop for an engine for this air boat. I know he has several engines laying around. Well I found two. You be the judge of which one I should use.  :coffee:

that's a Webra .61. Now if you think I need more power, how about this one.  :bugeye:

Peoblem is, I don't know the engines size. There are no markings on the engine at all to idetify the maker or size. All I know is that the prop is a 20" X 8".

Here's a couple more, comparing the size of the two engines.

Here's a comparison with a double A battery and six inch scale stood up next to the bigger engine.

Actually the Webra .61 is way to big for this boat. The boat needs an engine in the .40 range. Looks like I'll be building a bigger boat for that larger engine or should I say, "building bigger boats for those engines".

Looks like I'm up to 204 projects now, but who's counting?  :lol:

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
No replacement for displacement Bernd  :smart:

**unless you add forced induction!  :med:

:lol: :lol:

Eric

Bernd:
Ya Eric, that maybe so, but I think I'd need to add wings to the boat. It be just to fast and top heavy. Probably would be more in the water than on top of the water,  :lol:

Bernd

Stilldrillin:
Wow Bernd!

Those engines are quite something.....  :bugeye:

I've not given such things a thought for some 50yrs. When an ED Racer 2.5cc was the one to have...... Or, a Taplin twin.

I guess things have moved on a little since then....  ::)

Thanks for showing!  :thumbup:

David D

rleete:
Second one is a Quadra.  Popular with 1/4 scale moddlers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version