Author Topic: ER32 collets  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Gerhard Olivier

ER32 collets
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
Hi all

Need some advice please

I  want /need some ER32 collets, want to use them to hold work in the lathe.

Ebay sells a full set from hong kong for about £40 cheaper than any uk source - but are they any good????????
They dont say that they are to DN ****** standard but the tollerance they qoute is 0.013mm (same as the ones from gloster tooling)

To buy cheap is to buy again / wasting money because of countryism?????

Anybody any experience with any of these please help.

Thanks

Gerhard
Guernsey
Channel Islands

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
Re: ER32 collets
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
I have a 19 piece set of ER32 collets and a MT3 collet chuck that I got off ebay, I find them to be spot on for me. I havent checked the collets themselves with a DTI, but I did check my collet chuck for runout and it was within 0.02mm. I love my ER32 collet set, and I really want to get a proper ER32 chuck for my lathe.

I got hit with import duty, which of itself was only about a few pounds, but for the priviledge of relieving me of that, the post office added another £8.00 on top. Just something to be aware of that the eventual price you pay may be a bit more than 1st expected.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline 28ten

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
I saw them and I have taken a punt on the ER25 set. I'm not sure how long shipping will take, watch this space...
If it ain't broke, i'll fix it until it is.

Offline NorthOf40

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:35 PM »
I ordered a set of 19 ER32 collets and a MT3 collet chuck from an Ebay company in Hong Kong whose initials have a couple of C's and a T in the first word.

I emailed to ask about combined shipping and received a reply that included a total price, including shipping, in Canadian dollars (no exchange fees) for less than anything I could find in Canada or the U.S.  They included a paypal link.

Sent my payment off and received a postal tracking number, the parcel took a week to arrive (sat for three days in customs over a long weekend) and I wasn't charged any customs fees, duty or taxes (shocking surprise).

The parcel contained all the items.  The collets and collet chuck appear well made (no visible defects).  I haven't yet used them, but they do look good.
Jim
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. – Mark Twain

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »
NorthOf40, exactly what I did with the same people, could not have asked for better service and the price was better than any others I found.  The goods seem to be good (at least to my un-practiced eye!)

John
SouthOf40
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »
Same here, and sounds like the same supplier, I bought a ER25 MT3 Collet Chuck and I'm more than happy with the quality, took about 2 weeks to get to the UK.

CC

Offline Gerhard Olivier

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:08 AM »
Thanks all

with my mind at ease I have ordered some of the parts from hong kong and the rest from gloster tooling so will be able to leave some feedback here as things happen.

Thanks for the replies - saved me some money
Gerhard
Guernsey
Channel Islands