The Shop > Tools

online tool suppliers (UK)

<< < (2/5) > >>

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: 28ten on August 12, 2009, 02:51:36 PM ---I shall spend this evening looking for a set of ER25 collets and a 6mm to 10mm drill set

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a pleasant evening  :thumbup: ......... I can recommend Arc Euro, at the weekend I ordered a couple of bits, the Order from Arc Euro arrived on Tuesday, the one from Chronos ........... is still somewhere in the ionosphere  :wack:

I also ordered a bit from LMS, but being a Yorkshireman opted for the cheapest delivery, so I'm looking about 2 - 4 weeks, no problem I expect that, but whether it beats the Chronos delivery is the rub  :lol:

CC

CrewCab:
Sorry, just to add, I've dealt with LMS (Little Machine Shop), who are based in the USA, on several occasions and paid for UPS delivery, the parts were here in 3 - 4 days, now that's good service  :bow:

CC

28ten:
Did you get hit with import duty?

CrewCab:
No, not from the States and I've used them about 3 times now.  We did import some Radio's for our 4x4 club from China and we received a bill about a month after delivery for about £80, however we were half expecting it and the bill worked out about £6 each, so still far cheaper than buying within the EEC.

All the LMS deliveries have been £30 -£90, the order from China was about £600, perhaps there is a a "trigger" level set by "Big Brother"  :scratch:

CC

bogstandard:
Just a little update.

I placed an order with 'free' delivery from Chronos last Thursday. Got a call from them yesterday (a week after placing order) to tell me half the stuff I wanted was not in stock. So it looks like that if you go the free delivery option, they don't even look at your order for a week. I cancelled the whole order, I will look elsewhere.

The same sort of thing happened the other day, but this time (still not knowing about my first order) I went for overnight delivery. A call first thing the next day from them told me that two of the four items were out of stock. So again I cancelled the whole order.

It looks like that the only way to deal with Chronos is to phone them first, to see if they have the items they advertise on the net in stock, otherwise it might be a week before you find out that you can't have them.

They are in a sorry state of affairs if you ask me.

As I stated in an above post, here is a 'professional' supplier I use, John Stevenson put me onto them when I was looking for some 82 degree countersink bits a while back. They even have in stock (at the moment) the endmill sharpening fixtures that I showed everyone a few weeks back (but much better quality than the one I have). I wish I had waited now for them to come back into stock, I paid the same sort of price for a lower quality one from the US, because of the carriage charges.

http://www.mscjlindustrial.co.uk/CGI/INPDFF?PMCTLG=00&PMPAGE=622&PMITEM=BFIFX-10700M

These people stock an unending list of items, and are usually in the top of the price range, but they have the advantage, that if you need an item, they can get it to you quickly. It is worth registering and asking them to send you details of the latest special offers. Some of them are top grade items at real outdoor market prices. I bought a precision vertical DTI checking stand for 20 squid, and anywhere else on the net, they were 130 squid. At the moment they have lead acid rechargeable 'floodlight' torches for 6 squid. I paid 18 squid for mine from B&Q, exactly the same.

I have never been able to go thru the whole range, I fall asleep first.

Bogs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version