Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Boilers - just picked up an old one.

(1/3) > >>

raynerd:
Hi Guys

All the models I have made have been run off a compressor. I recently aquired an old boiler as shown below. I understand that boilers work under very high pressure and can be dangerous but I would like to get this one up and running.

There is obviously the valve that I will need to replace and check but there is also another hole at the top with no cap or cover, I guess this is missing something? There is no threading or anything on this hole.

Any more info would be really helpful. I`ve done a few searches online but nothing really explaining how it runs and certainly not specific to my little boiler. Hope someone can help.

Chris

Darren:
Shelve it....

I wouldn't risk it until you have more knowledge and testing facilities, boilers are far more dangerous than you might think..... :zap:

Brass_Machine:
I gotta agree with Darren on this one. Boilers, even small ones, can get you (or anyone else near) seriously hurt or even killed. Don't know the history of that one? Shelve it. Not worth it.    :zap:

Eric

bogstandard:
Forget it, just not worth it.

Just been shown again over on HMEM, now here.

sbwhart:
Chris

That one looks like its held together with bird droppings, the best place for it is the scrap bin don't risk messing with it.

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version