Author Topic: Some thing else to ponder, along with slugs and coffee !  (Read 4257 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Some thing else to ponder, along with slugs and coffee !
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:17:33 AM »
As they say all things come to pass. Is this the beginning of the end!  At least they are closer to Washington and the powers to be. Maybe they will fuel themselves, on politico's.

A Maryland company under contract to the Pentagon is working on a steam-powered robot that would fuel itself by gobbling up whatever organic material it can find — grass, wood, old furniture, even dead bodies.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532492,00.html?test=latestnews

At least that steam engines company from Fla that claims all those wonderful things from thier steam engines has sold a license for their engine.
http://www.cyclonepower.com/works.html
And they have updated their web site finally

Where's Arnie when ya need em! :borg:
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Stefan Pynappels

Re: Some thing else to ponder, along with slugs and coffee !
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »
Must be true if it is on Fox News!

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »
Must be true if it is on Fox News!
Don't know what your point is but here is the companies web site.
http://www.robotictechnologyinc.com/index.php/EATR

And Here is the companies 32 page PDF download about their robot ideas.http://www.robotictechnologyinc.com/images/upload/file/Presentation%20EATR%20Brief%20Overview%206%20April%2009.pdf

And of course MSNBC news and CNN never distort or make up stuff, or just don't report things that don't fit their agendas.

You should read the information before typing!
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »
Gives a whole new meaning to "steampunk".  ::)

A bit morbid with the use of dead bodies but then it's the military talking. Interesting links.

Oh, you would have though that they would build a vehicle for the consumer to drive. I did see a pic of a car with a cyclone engine, but is it feisable for our size of cars that we require?

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »
the company that is pushing the engine has been around and always show the TV crews around their shop they have a very large truck like a 6x6 army truck, a speed boat Miami vice drug style, construction equipment, lawnmowers and weed wackers. I have only seen the video's of the lawn mower and weed wacker working if they show the bigger stuff they show it with canned footage for 10 secs or less.

They have been around for 5 or more years. they finally got around to updating the web site.
It is a nice idea but they only seem to want money for more research! They want others to build and sell the engines. It would seem to me that if the lawn mower and weed wacker ones would work make a couple hundred and get them to the public. If the engine worked as claimed the clamoring for larger better ones to run the cars/trucks would be heard even by the num nuts in Washington AC/DC/PC  :lol: :lol:
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline Stefan Pynappels

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
Whoa there, it was only meant as a tongue in cheek comment, based on the perception of Fox here! No offence meant.

I'd love to see a working Cyclone engine though, that looks really interesting.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:47:05 AM »
None was taken as all of the news channel have their own agenda's
But since they have elected.He who walks on water, and will send me a check every month. The other two major news cable channels, don't ask any questions and sound like the party line here.
I believe, very little of what I see or here when its, a politician talking. And those famous words from my journalism professor. "Never ever let the facts get in the way, of a good story!" 1st day in class radio and TV journalism 101 in university. And I knew that I was in trouble  :doh:

The liberals and lefties never answer or address the question. When they hear Fox, they start foaming at the mouth and start calling it all kinds of names and the talking heads on it.  :lol: :lol: but they never will address the question

It makes you wonder what is wrong with the health care program they are tying to ram down our throats right now as none of the politicians want to be covered or their families by it.
 :scratch: :scratch:

As to the cyclone engine, I have been told by somebody that has seen the weed wacker version operating. No Guts non glory! They do have them in assorted sizes and in everything from lawnmowers to 6 wheel drive army type trucks. but other than edited very short vid clips. They haven't driven one across country, burning what they can find along the way  :doh:

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen