Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Making a draw bar..

<< < (3/3)

NickG:
Rest assured, it won't take me that long! It's nudging it's way up on my "prioritiesed list of jobs" so even if there's a bit in the middle where a load of stuff is dumped, my workshop around the outside will be sorted! I should give myself a timescale, am off for 2 weeks at the end of this week though so no time like the present!

Yorkshireman:
Followed this idea and made me another drawbar...

Two long M10 Bolts had their heads chopped off and were then welded together.
I made it a bit longer, so that I can use it on two machines.

Now, if you are already in my Photobucket album, you're free to look around...
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/jgleeds/

Johannes

Stilldrillin:
Some nice pics in there Johannes!  :thumbup:

David D

Jonny:
David i assume that variable speed lathe works ok, i have one with US board and QR toolpost as well hidden away for 3 years with original grease still on, cant do anything with it except file radiuses. Might have a play with it when got some time and only bought it for late night work.

I can understand people if they already have the ER chuck and collets to use on other machines, but why on earth any one buys them in the first place is beyond me, same with the Clarkson.

Shame in a way i gave away a Pratt & Burnerd collet chuck, a few collets and hand wheeled drawbar as i didnt fancy forking out for collets i would use.

jim:
i have just had to make 3 drawbars for my new mill!!

it came with M12 drawbar and you guessed, everything was either, 1/2 BSW, 3/8 BSW or M10!!!

just bought a length of 1/2 BSW threaded rod, loctited some nuts on and turned them down to fit the "self ejecter".

all i need to do is make sure i don't get them mixed up and mess up the threads :doh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version