Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Steady for Harrison

<< < (2/6) > >>

shipto:
As for the pins this is my first thoughts.
The end of the highlighted shaft will be threaded to secure them in place which will be set by a number of spacers I can put either side dependent on the stock I am turning. The keyway will allow me to fully tighten it without it turning.
Inside will be a sprung brass bar with a screw to set it against the stock.

philf:

--- Quote from: shipto on March 15, 2024, 12:52:19 PM ---As for the pins this is my first thoughts.
The end of the highlighted shaft will be threaded to secure them in place which will be set by a number of spacers I can put either side dependent on the stock I am turning. The keyway will allow me to fully tighten it without it turning.

--- End quote ---

I assume that the spring is just there to stop the insert falling out?

How much adjustment will you have before needing to swap spacers?

shipto:

--- Quote from: philf on March 16, 2024, 09:41:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: shipto on March 15, 2024, 12:52:19 PM ---As for the pins this is my first thoughts.

--- End quote ---

I assume that the spring is just there to stop the insert falling out?

How much adjustment will you have before needing to swap spacers?

--- End quote ---
The spring will hold the pins back so the stock can be fed through without them getting in the way and I am thinking of somewhere in the region of 20-25mm before I have to swap the spacers to get the next 20-25mm. quickly mocked up the pin with freecad still need to go through the details in my head yet however.

shipto:
Finally some real pictures, I have done the guide thing bit and I am sure that rigidity will not be an issue on this at least.

philf:
Looking good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version