The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Pi PICO DRO/Quill-Knee combiner

<< < (4/12) > >>

BillTodd:
The simplest linux gui I've used is Kivy (python  based) . It runs without the desktop overhead, so boots as quickly as linux (i.e.not very fast)

BillTodd:
Apologies for lack of updates. I been slightly distracted ;

I got my PICO dc servo controller working  after a bit of head scratching and a fight with python's garbage collection.  It means i can use the existing motors on the slides for the surface grinder project

I bought a weather station "from Amazon" which is basically non-functional (does not like the cold) azamon want me to send it back to china (at my expense - so that ain't gonna happen)  - I could have bought the same bad experience from Ebay  for less money - so won't be buying any thing from arze-a-mon again!

I been struggling with a reliable algorithm to scroll text  for the DRO's menu and  fractional display.   

BillTodd:
I'm making some progress with the software. (If I could remember how to use it, I'd post it on github)

I have built a screen management system to abstract the display driver and avoid having to rewrite everything if I change lcd.

The screens have simple widgets (loosely based on kivi) for text labels and a scrolling text box.

I have a setting menu operating  using the scroll box.

Next step will be a scrolling fraction display.

And at some point I will have to complete the hardware design.

JamesC:
Still watching with interest

BillTodd:
Thanks James,

I've just uploaded a short video of the menu

I'd like to find a true monospace font that has consistent width , this one jumps about too much for my liking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version