Author Topic: Mill Drill advice  (Read 2056 times)

Offline RussellT

Mill Drill advice
« on: October 03, 2023, 04:34:47 AM »
I'm looking for a new milling machine - but given the available space it has to be bench mounted.

I've been trying to find a Naerok mill drill with metric dials but I am unclear about the size.  There is an RDM350M and an RDM400M.  Can anyone tell me the differences please.  I am assuming that the RDM400M is larger.  Can anyone confirm that please?

Russell
Common sense is unfortunately not as common as its name suggests.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Mill Drill advice
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 08:21:31 PM »
There's a manual for the 350 online here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b1kz4lazup4o1p/Naerok%20RDM-350M%20Operation%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

There are dimensions within.... haven't looked for the 400 yet.

UPDATE:

I can only find one useful reference to the 400: https://picclick.co.uk/Naerok-RDM400M-Milling-Machine-Drill-Accessories-Stand-291840727800.html

That states the mill table is 22"x8" - although the width of the actual table isn't mentioned in the 350 manual, it's depth is - 6.25": Which would suggest that the RDM400M is, indeed, somewhat bigger.

The lathes.co.uk site is - compared to it's normal write up - comparatively gushing about the Naerok mill-drills!

I'd love something around that size (maybe a smidgeon bigger), to fit in my garage at home - for the unfortunately inevitable (and rapidly approaching) day when I can't keep my big warehouse on.  Although maybe I'll just cram the Bridgeport in there anyway...
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline RussellT

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 04:24:42 AM »
Hi Ade

Thanks for taking the trouble to look - I hadn't found the link for the 400 and I was finding it difficult to work it out from photos.

I think the write up on lathes.co.uk is a big factor in my looking for one of these - possibly also a factor in some of the advertised prices I have seen.

Thanks again.

Russell
Common sense is unfortunately not as common as its name suggests.

Offline merman

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 07:36:54 PM »
hi Russell

i have the NAEROK RDM350M

let me know what measurements your looking for exactly and i can send them to you on monday...