Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

wireless remote for inverter

<< < (3/3)

philf:

--- Quote from: shipto on July 10, 2022, 12:07:59 PM ---I will be screwcutting left handed threads with a diehead. I can single point (imperial) without changing lathe direction.

--- End quote ---
What about tapping?
I use the forward/stop/reverse switch every time I tap a hole in the lathe.

Sea.dog:
Why the "Stop?"

The logic in a VFD uses the ramp parameters to slow the drive to zero then ramps it up in reverse. My pendant has no stop position between forwards and reverse.

shipto:

--- Quote from: philf on July 10, 2022, 02:20:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: shipto on July 10, 2022, 12:07:59 PM ---I will be screwcutting left handed threads with a diehead. I can single point (imperial) without changing lathe direction.

--- End quote ---
What about tapping?
I use the forward/stop/reverse switch every time I tap a hole in the lathe.

--- End quote ---
Yes it would be useful for that now you mention it but as its now just a simple spst switch it would be no bother to put a second one on the lathe because as Sea.dog says the vfd ramps down the speed before changing directions. I have been thinking only in relation to the problem I have right now (a lathe needing to run in reverse for LH threading with a diehead) and had not considered anything else.

philf:

--- Quote from: Sea.dog on July 10, 2022, 02:24:28 PM ---Why the "Stop?"

The logic in a VFD uses the ramp parameters to slow the drive to zero then ramps it up in reverse. My pendant has no stop position between forwards and reverse.

--- End quote ---

It just happens that my fwd/rev switch has 3 positions and I find it useful if tapping a lot of parts to be able to just use the one switch for fwd/stop/reverse etc. I only have to press the start button once however many parts I'm tapping. Similarly if screwcutting an odd pitch where I can't disengage the half nut I can stop, withdraw the tool, and reverse all using the same switch. (The stop on this switch isn't the same as my my main stop switch - in the centre-off position it just doesn't tell the vfd which direction to run in.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-liJppkibXJIGkOcGfOb3iw14_7U-rOG/view?usp=sharing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version