The Shop > Our Shop

Electricity getting very expensive in the Workshop

<< < (11/12) > >>

Pete49:

--- Quote from: philf on May 13, 2022, 04:26:12 AM ---At the moment wind power is the biggest contributor at 12.95 GW, solar is 2.55 GW. Nuclear is 5.25 GW.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/index.php

--- End quote ---

I don't dispute that, it's the subsides need to be taken away to show the true cost of generation. It's the subsidies that increase the costs.

philf:

--- Quote from: Pete49 on May 14, 2022, 10:51:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: philf on May 13, 2022, 04:26:12 AM ---At the moment wind power is the biggest contributor at 12.95 GW, solar is 2.55 GW. Nuclear is 5.25 GW.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/index.php

--- End quote ---

I don't dispute that, it's the subsides need to be taken away to show the true cost of generation. It's the subsidies that increase the costs.

--- End quote ---

Hi Pete,

I was only pointing out that it's oil & gas that has rocketed in price. As far as I'm aware wind and sunshine are still free!

I'm involved in a small scale hydro project and we're locked into a contract which sets the price of the electricity we generate far below the current (no pun intended) market price.

Cheers.

Phil.

Noitoen:
Energy prices for industrial use in Portugal change on a daily bases. The price for "tomorrow" is based on the price of the fuel of the last source that was used "today". Most of the day might be supplied by solar, wind or hydro but if gas must be used to top up the grid, the price reference for the "tomorrow" energy is based 100% on the gas price of today. At our plant there have been days that the price goes to 0.7€/kwh. No wonder that power companies show huge profits.

Household power costs on the other end have been kept stable at around 0.19€/kwh and since the maximum limit imposed on the gas prices, this should drop to around 0.17€.

hanermo:
We got our 10 kW solar PV array running 2 weeks ago.
Rooftop.

Producing about 4x more power than we use, and mostly a lot of extra power we will be using shortly for "hotel loads".

Grid power cost is up 2-3-4x in finland and spain, depending on what lies--statistics you use.

A pretty large 3-phase 10 kW system costs about 7k€, net, to me.
Payback is 18 months, or so.
And I get free power for AC in the house and shop, and for 2 spas, and for heating a swimming pool.

vtsteam:
 :worthless:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version