Home Base > Introductions

Edgewick Mk2 Lathe cross slide thread purchase

<< < (3/4) > >>

mattinker:
Hi,
I've been busy elsewhere, I didn't notice this going through!

Edgewick cross-slide lead screw I can confirm it's a 7/8" diameter 5tpi left-hand thread, I don't remember the length, but that's the easy bit!

Cheers, Matthew

Montegoman:
Hello John and Matthew

Thanks for getting back to me.
From memory they sell the thread in multiple of 1 ft, thereby a 3ft length is required as the working length is 26" from handle to nut the other end, so to machine the ends to suit, you need a bit to put in the chuck, hence 3ft. Thank you for confirming the specification of the thread.

John I will try the phone numbers you have kindly provided.

This is another question, has anyone managed to get hold of/make a QCTP for an Edgewick??
Right now I am attempting to cobble together a single tool height adjusting post and holder to take 35mm cutting tools??

keep smiling
kind regards
Montegoman

mattinker:
Montegoman,

I would simply replace the threaded portion by cutting, turning down and threading the ends of the existing screw, drilling and tapping the new threaded portion, screwing, silver solder or pining to prevent unscrewing. I haven't done it yet, but I've bought the piece of replacement screw and bronze nut, all I need is a just a roundtouit!

Cheers, Matthew

mattinker:

--- Quote from: Montegoman on October 06, 2021, 04:21:40 PM ---

This is another question, has anyone managed to get hold of/make a QCTP for an Edgewick??
Right now I am attempting to cobble together a single tool height adjusting post and holder to take 35mm cutting tools??

--- End quote ---
I put a French made (a "good chap", weird name!) QCTP on my Edgewick, I had to be make a a fixed tool post mount to be able to turn down the topslide to accept the "new" tool post!

AdeV:

--- Quote from: Montegoman on October 06, 2021, 04:21:40 PM ---This is another question, has anyone managed to get hold of/make a QCTP for an Edgewick??

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I made my own :) Project log here: https://www.madmodder.net/index.php/topic,3453.msg37021.html

Despite many promises to myself to make it better, I've not touched it for 11 years, and it's still going strong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version