Home Base > Introductions

Edgewick Mk2 Lathe cross slide thread purchase

<< < (2/4) > >>

Montegoman:
Hello Thank you for replying, Pete, Awemawson and Hermetic

I have made contact with the Halifax company, however the price difference between a one off special compared to an, off the shelf item from the states is worth the postage.
Posting a second or more threads would split the postage costs, if anyone else is interested.

I must admit as I am getting older turning these small handles are becoming a trial, in fact I use a cranked ring spanner fed through the handle, thereby increasing the leverage, while turning.
It is now a lot easy now that I rebuilt the cross slide. However the cross slide thread does need replacing, the nut does not seem that bad, of course a new nut would be even better.
To answer Pete's question, I have the details somewhere. I shall have to look for it or do some measuring.

kind regards
Montegoman

Montegoman:

Hello Pete

I think this is the size of the cross slide thread that is on my Edgewick. see below.
It would be good to find out what other owners of Edgewick have on their machines.
Is there anyway of contacting them via this website?

kind regards
Montegoman

Acme Lead Screw, 7/8 - 5 X 36" OAL, LH, Steel.

vintageandclassicrepairs:
Hi Montegoman,

I saw this guy on ebay offering repairs for "any lathe crosslide/compound screw & nut repair service"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114223873072

quote from ebay ad....
 "UK buyers need to PHONE ME to discuss replacing your crosslide/compound/tailstock shaft and nut in detail. 01753 651923 9am to 1.00pm or 01753 654523 2.00pm to 5.00pm"

John

awemawson:
There are few on the forum with Edgewicks - @mattinker in France is one who springs to mind but there are others

Pete.:

--- Quote from: Montegoman on October 05, 2021, 03:39:56 PM ---
Hello Pete

I think this is the size of the cross slide thread that is on my Edgewick. see below.
It would be good to find out what other owners of Edgewick have on their machines.
Is there anyway of contacting them via this website?

kind regards
Montegoman

Acme Lead Screw, 7/8 - 5 X 36" OAL, LH, Steel.

--- End quote ---

36"OAL? That's 3 feet long. I think that's the screwcutting leadscrew. The cross slide screw should be a third of that in length.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version