The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

I'm Fed Up with Electronic Measuring Gauges !

<< < (4/4)

awemawson:
Surprisingly my issue has never been accuracy, the ones I’ve had over the years have never deviated from my gauge blocks by anything significant in a home workshop. It’s that some have just stopped working for no apparent reason. And yes I always remove batteries if they are to be unused for more than a few days.

Muzzerboy:
A lot of the digital callipers take the LR44-sized button cells but are actually intended to take the SR44 cells. SR cells are silver rather than lithium chemistry and have a (slightly) higher voltage as well as less of a fall off as the state of charge drops. Consequently they seem to last a fair bit longer. That's probably not a complete explanation for the poor battery life some have found but it is certainly one factor. They cost a bit more than LR44 (~£1 ea) but avoid the ballache of endlessly changing batteries.

I have a Mastercraft (Chinesium) 200mm as my default that lasts several years between SR44 batteries and a genuine Mitutoyo that seems to last over a year. The Shahe 300mm is a nice device and was good value but seems to eat CR2032 batteries. Luckily you can get those at places like Aldi / Lidl / Pound shops etc.

krv3000:
hi just my bit as sum of you no I fix D.T.I's digital and analog the conmen problem with digital stuff is damp even if you think its safe in a cuberd in your home damp will get in and this oxidizes contacts on the inside of the movement sometimes they can be rescued and summits not with digital stuff    all ways remove the battery  all ways use good quality battery's    and get sum packets of silica crystals that absorb the damp and keep them in their boxes  on a open shelf  to let the air get at them I have just dune 4 digital gages the chap told me they are  all ways  kept in a cuberd  in the home  the problem was the cubered was the airing  cuberd  that's the cuberd his wife puts all the freshly washed linen  IE bed sheets and bathe towels witch in sum cases may not have bin completely dry so he was keeping them in a damp environment   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version