The Shop > CNC

3D printer Ender 3 pro oval hole problem

<< < (2/4) > >>

picclock:
@ Joules
I am just testing it now, but it looks very much better. I have nearly halved the spring length which gives much improved stability. I would have taken it further but the bed will foul a cable support bracket.

The height of the bed is fixed with the z sensor, and the software is locked to prevent alteration of any offsets. New board will run Marlin 2.0. Amazing price of £11-45 inc del. plus drivers at £14.

Thank you very much for your assistance. Hope I can return the favour some day.

Will post picture of latest print tomorrow.

Happy Easter

Best Regards

picclock

Joules:
Do you mind adding a few more details for the record.

What material being printed.
What temperature the hot end
What speed in mm/s you are printing at.

Add some spacers to compress the springs further without fouling the cables.

beeshed:
Is it anything to do with the shape of the test piece and asymmetrical shrinkage affected by the other hoes. I have had no noticeable problem with the hole in the middle of my gears but they are of course all round, and a round boss I printed fitted perfectly into the round gear hole so negative hole symmetry ok too.

Will_D:

--- Quote from: picclock on April 12, 2020, 08:38:26 AM ---Ender 3 pro oval hole problem

Hi
I'm struggling with this. The holes I make are ovalled and diagonally offset  - see picture. Internet help seems pretty useless as the advice boils down to tighten the belts or square the frame - neither of which are applicable. A

--- End quote ---

Can you append the stl file (as in ...stl.txt) so I can run it on my Ender 3?

picclock:
Looks like its sorted.
Measurement of 11mm test hole gives 10.95 x 11.07, which for plastic is pretty good. The 13mm hole is spot on, and as seen in the other picture, I can push the bearing into it without any adjustment and its a good firm fit. The hole test was to make up an error correction chart but I don't think I'm going to need it. :thumbup:

Before I bought this printer I noticed lots of people selling or recommending upgraded springs, and I think this must be the reason. The assembly is such that the spring compression relies on a large number of manufacturing tolerances which stack up. If your unlucky enough to get a slack one the wobble is the result. I assume that squares are not affected as the motion is in one direction.

@ Joules PLA, 210, 50mm / sec.
@ Will_D - amended, unzip, rename.

Many thanks

Best Regards

picclock

PS the bearing is part of a home made extruder for solder paste used in smt assembly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version