Gallery, Projects and General > How to's

Ventilator

<< < (4/5) > >>

Will_D:
Oops: Posted too soon!

One Irish example of re-purposing:

2 clothing factories in Donegal and NI have stopped producing existing clothing and sports wear lines and are now producing hospital "scrubs".

Un-fekkin-believeably in this here republic is that health care workers HAVE TO BUT THEIR OWN SCRUBS!!

There is now a "go fund a scrub" cloud funding scheme

nrml:
Scrubs are becoming uniforms for some groups of healthcare workers, so it's no different from uniforms in any other job I guess.  Operating theatre scrubs are always provided by the hospital because they need to be clean.

Joules:
..... Borderline rant, not helpful at these times......

Post redacted.

Kjelle:
There are loads of stuff that is needed, that can be produced without too much problems, like holders for face sheilds. Yes, we need ventilators, but those are, as has been noted, complex and difficult to produce.
I know, it isn't as glamorous to make holders or some little widget for some less-than-unknown gadget that is needed but not covered by the news...

The best thing we all can do now, is to stay healthy, or at least keep out of the way from this bastard bug. Who knows when this is over, but us "old duffers" might be needed, when the young 'uns are too traumatized to do anything but drink decaffinated latte and moan!

Take care out there, stay safe.

Kjelle (from planet Sweden)

AdeV:

--- Quote from: Joules on March 25, 2020, 06:46:27 PM ---..... Borderline rant, not helpful at these times......

Post redacted.

--- End quote ---

Joules - unless I'm mis-remembering, didn't your "borderline rant" include a link to a project for people with 3D printers to help print face shields (or holders, at least)? If so - do you fancy putting the link back in, I did visit it, I'm prepared to set up my 3D printer to help the cause (once I've made an acrylic enclosure for it); but now I can't find the link...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version