Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

DRO for Warco Major mill

<< < (9/10) > >>

PekkaNF:
Today I had few extra hours and plan was max. results with minimal effort.

I could not locate thick enenough aluminium for support, I mostly used 30x30 mm 2 mm thick L-profile.

Mechanically it appears fine, but I haven't tested it yet electrically.

Magnetic tape is now 2 mm off the sensor. Plan is to file 3 mm bolt holes oval just enough to bring the tape near the sensor but avoid physical contact.

Still two separate items left: X-axis and configutation.

PekkaNF:
Now the interesting question. Which way should axis indication increase?

CNC easy, two views, same result...

[/quote]

BUT this is a manual machine

1: When I turn Y-axis wheel clockwise table will move away and numers on micrometer will increase.....it would be elegant if the numbers on DRO would increase as well.

2: Looks like it is rather popular to zero origo on fixed jaw of the vice. Obivious benefits.

Any takes?

Pekka

Will_D:
You can configure each axis to read either positive or negative for a given movement.

awemawson:
These are the axis designations on my Beaver Mill (Fixed table moving quill) and my Beaver Lathe (Moving Turret) if it helps:

PekkaNF:
Forgot to put few earlier pics on cast iron flats for mounting. 16 mm indexed mill, M6 threads and 3 mm spacer washers to raise the bracket off the rough cast surface.

There should a alrge mill in the darkest corner that is big enough to mount all parts of the other machines for modifications.... :scratch:

Tested the Y-axis, works fine and tape/head is in correct relation (both pulse count A/B, ref and direction).

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version