Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Washing Machine Motors

<< < (2/3) > >>

pycoed:
This bloke's Youtube channel may help?

John Rudd:
An informative video, but its aimed at universal motors rather than poly phase induction motors.

awemawson:
An excellent well presented video - extremely clear  :thumbup:

RussellT:
Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. :nrocks:  I've seen a few YouTube videos on washing machine motors but none on motors like these.

One of the interesting things is the motor speed sensor - interesting because the speed of a 3 phase motor should be fixed by the frequency - so there is presumably some feedback - possible for acceleration.  I think that makes hacking the original drive boards extremely difficult - well beyond me anyway. :scratch: :(

It would probably be easier to reproduce the output stage of the drive board and control it with a microcontroller.  It might be possible to buy an off the shelf drive.

I don't have any immediate use for these so they may yet go to the scrap man.

Russell

philf:

--- Quote from: RussellT on March 29, 2018, 08:01:45 AM ---
One of the interesting things is the motor speed sensor - interesting because the speed of a 3 phase motor should be fixed by the frequency - so there is presumably some feedback - possible for acceleration.

Russell

--- End quote ---

Russell,

You're right about the speed being governed by the frequency but the drive can vary the frequency and phasing to give you variable speed and direction.

Phil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version