Author Topic: Apology to John Bogstandard...  (Read 2593 times)

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
Apology to John Bogstandard...
« on: May 21, 2009, 07:17:04 PM »
Sorry John,  I fully intended to buy it and send you the right handed carriage but the bidding got too high!

It went for about 600 squids,  sold as damaged packaging and with damage to one handle (back stock?) the vendor was very short on information and could only say what you got was what is in the picture  so I dont know if it had motor, change gears etc.  I see the change gear cover does not seem to be there so maybe not even the standard set for driving the lower gear box.

If by chance everything is packed behind the bed, which is where you would expect it to be, someone got a nice bargain but on the other hand it would have cost quite a bit to equip.

The Arftul Bodger.
From the den of The Artful Bodger

bogstandard

Re: Apology to John Bogstandard...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:16 PM »
John,

It looks like the only things missing from the basic lathe are the tailstock ram and handle, plus of course the toolbox, which contains all the extra change gears, knobs for handles etc. The matt black thing on the top of the saddle is the disposable carrier that is there just to hold the toolbox while the lathe is in transit. So if that is all that is missing, and there is no damage, someone has a bargain, as the bare machine without DRO would be around around 1600 squid.

The four jaw chuck and faceplate comes bolted to the back of the wooden base the lathe is sitting on, but the lathe stand comes in two seperate boxes.

But why worry, too late now anyway.

John