Gallery, Projects and General > Scraping

Scraping the vertical ways on the knee fo a mill - perpendicularity!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

PekkaNF:
You have Connelyn. If you can read it without falling asleep you should be able to measure and scrape the right bits.

You have the paper book? How much it set you back?

Bit more simple book on measurement (and bit more easy reading) is Testing Machine Tools, Schlesinger. Very good reading.

Pekka

mm289:
Hi Pekka, I have access to a PDF version I found a few years back, and also one of the guys from the scraping course had one - it does take a bit of reading!!

Cheers,

Paul.

Graham Stabler:
Said book: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9371adykut9g6gi/Machine-Tool-Reconditioning-an-BookFi-org.pdf?dl=0

PekkaNF:
Pretty good read on test arbor droop and practical testing arragement. Isn't it?

Pekka

Pete.:

--- Quote from: mm289 on December 23, 2017, 05:16:20 AM ---Hi all,

I am about to start on scraping in the knee on the Centec. I remember Richard mentioning about making sure the knee is perpendicular to the cutter (it's a horizontal mill as well as vertical).

SO question is - how do you do that, I remember him mentioning about putting a shaft in the horizontal arbor and measuring from this but can't figure out what I am meant to be measuring  :doh:

Any suggestions gratefully received :)

Cheers,

Paul.

--- End quote ---

I'd stick an arbor in the horizontal shaft and a box square on the arbor. Indicate the flat ways to the square and scrape them parallel. If you're worried about droop tip the whole thing on it's back - that's how Herbert used to scrape their 0v's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version