Home Base > Introductions

Hi from Southampton

<< < (2/4) > >>

martin33100:

--- Quote from: tom osselton on December 13, 2017, 01:46:45 PM ---Nice looking lathe.

--- End quote ---
I may have a look at this Chester Cub, the dealer also has some M300's for comparison but if I want a M300 in the same condition it would be atleast double the price.
Also the M300 has a wide swarf tray and coolant pump at the back so it will push the lathe another 300mm into my walkway.

krv3000:
hi and welcume

Biggles:
Hi and welcome Martin, clean looking lathe.

martin33100:
It is a very clean lathe, I haven't seen it in person though.
I know Chester and Warco stuff comes from either China or Taiwan, you do get mixed views.
I may be looking at a Harison M300 tomorrow, the original ones are British built but they usually  fetch double the money of a Chester/Warco, I guess you get what you pay for.

Pete.:
Hi Martin,

They have a Warco which is similar to one of those at work. That one looks very clean. Those gear head machines are far better than the smaller stuff that's usually built to a much lower standard. I doubt you'd be disappointed with it.

Don't dilly dally though I recognise that galv fencing behind the lathe and knowing where it is I doubt it will be there for long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version