Home Base > Introductions

Hi from Southampton

<< < (3/4) > >>

awemawson:
Sidcup I reckon  :lol:

martin33100:

--- Quote from: awemawson on December 17, 2017, 10:18:03 AM ---Sidcup I reckon  :lol:

--- End quote ---
You guessed it right☺️.
I may be looking at a M300 tomorrow from a private seller.
I am off all week during the day so could pop up and get the Chester Cub if needed, they also have M300's but they are double the price, are they double the machine?

martin33100:

--- Quote from: Pete. on December 17, 2017, 09:49:50 AM ---Hi Martin,

They have a Warco which is similar to one of those at work. That one looks very clean. Those gear head machines are far better than the smaller stuff that's usually built to a much lower standard. I doubt you'd be disappointed with it.

Don't dilly dally though I recognise that galv fencing behind the lathe and knowing where it is I doubt it will be there for long.

--- End quote ---

The one you have at work, is it a Warco GH750.

Pete.:

--- Quote from: martin33100 on December 17, 2017, 10:52:51 AM ---

--- End quote ---

No it's a newer version a GH1330

M300 is a nicer machine but if it's worn out or you have to buy chucks, steadies etc then probably not. Looks like what you have there is ready to go. If you decide to buy it I'd be heading up there with an offer figure in my head, bearing in mind that in 12 days time they'll be having a vat-free day.

martin33100:

--- Quote from: Pete. on December 17, 2017, 11:01:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: martin33100 on December 17, 2017, 10:52:51 AM ---

--- End quote ---

No it's a newer version a GH1330

M300 is a nicer machine but if it's worn out or you have to buy chucks, steadies etc then probably not. Looks like what you have there is ready to go. If you decide to buy it I'd be heading up there with an offer figure in my head, bearing in mind that in 12 days time they'll be having a vat-free day.

--- End quote ---
Acording to Warco the GH1330 is the replacement of the 750, the M300 does need a clean up but it does come with both chuchs, steadies, centres etc.
I have been offered a good deal on the used Cub but bear in mind they were only around  3 grand new 10-15 years ago.
My old lathe was a Harison L5, old but well built and still very accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version