Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Spindle problem with cincinnati tool and cutter grinder 2 spindle

<< < (2/11) > >>

PekkaNF:
OK. cooled dow and did some more measuremets this morning. It turns out that the bearing arrangengement on fixed bearing end has no detectable play in any direction. The other end has play of 0,02 mm and clear sound.

Read everything I could get, but pretty much all says: Don't fix, send it to manufacturer. Not option here.

So, I took out Sopko type grinding stone holders and extension. Hexagon key would not give any indication of opening (and I checked the hand of the bolt from extra adapters). Charged the tank with 3 bar and two small trigger pulls with smallest impact driver opened the bolts easy and with no risk to bearings.

Spindle extension needed a liitle cold spray on firm manual nutation to break it free.

PekkaNF:
Needed 3/16" hex key to open the dust covers, other came out easy, but fixed end needed oil, little heaing with hot air gun, big wrench/plastic strips to protect the dust cap and it was tight.

Someone has been there before!

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Belt was losened per manual.

Legend plate out from the top and two hex bolts loose and tommy bar/pinion was used to lift the motor and free the belt.

PekkaNF:
Need to make keys to to open labyrinth seal and bearing outer ring holder. I was very happy that I had some metric and foreign centerless ground silver steel rods to gauge the pin holes. They were too small to measure accurately with vernier.

Odd thing is that tehy do not seem to be imperial sizes 3,0 and 5,0 mm rods fitted best.

Now I need to make those tools.

There is a consideration that I'd like to share.

1: Do I try to fix the bad end only? If I find a way to adjust the play, I migh get away setting it and maybe with relubrication of the bearing.

OR

2: Do I take the spindle out and try to rebuild it completely? Depending availability of that size/type angular ball bearing this might lead completely new spindle caridge construction.

Pekka

mattinker:
Personaly I 'd try to adjust and then you still have the fix-it all option if that doesn't work!

By the way, how's the repeat-o-meter? are you stuck for grinding you feet?

Regards Matthew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version